Monday, August 15, 2011

Blessed

Well I haven't updated in a while and am getting down to the last few days before I leave =)  I have about 11 days left here and have been spending this time at school working on an art research project through Monmouth College, its called the SOFIA Project.  It has been a lot of fun and working on my art has really helped me loosen my nerves up a bit about leaving. I have been painting the statue of David by Michelangelo and have been getting more anxious and excited to see the David in person.  Its going to be an incredible experience, and breath taking I'm sure.
I have also been spending these last days with the people I am closest with. My parents had a going away party for me this weekend so I could see all my family and some friends before I left.  It was wonderful.  Lots of wine, bread, and pasta!  I think everyone had a great time and it was really comforting to see my family and friends so excited for me.  That is another thing that has been pretty cool about this experience so far, seeing everyone's reactions and excitement for my life and my adventure I'm about to go on.  Its also pretty nice to hear my loved ones concerns about this trip and their willingness to share their own experiences and advice.  I have noticed that people who find out that I'm going abroad become very interested in my life and want me to make the most out of my time in Italy. Its awesome to know that others are excited for me and really want me to take in everything about the lifestyle and language.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment