Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting Excited..and Nervous

So I have about 5 weeks left in the states and I am getting so ready to be in Florence, Italy.  I never thought I would actually study abroad, but here I am, learning Italian, reading required books, packing, saving money, and getting nervous.  I will be there for 4 months, and its kind of difficult to pack for that amount of time in a foreign country but its been fun getting ready for this experience.  My parents are getting excited too and decided they would come see me during my fall break in October. They also thought it would be romantic if they bought a ticket for my boyfriend as well, so I am very excited to spend some time in Florence with them all.

I think I am most nervous about learning the language, but I'm sure being in the classes and living with a host family will help me out a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I am right there with ya! I'm so excited and yet so very frightened! I only wish that we could live with the same host family! I despise gender assignments! I mean, COME ON! Your taken, I'm taken, and, well, you and I both know that you're not exactly my "type" lol. But, I suppose in the spirit of cultural diversity, we'll have to make due. Oh, and I have great news! My partner is coming to visit me on our fall break! I'm so pumped! Although, I know that getting to see our boy toys only one week out of our entire 4-month stay is still gonna be a killer. Thank God we have each other to lean on! Love ya, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could room with eachother too! that would be amazing, but dont want to push any buttons..I have a prediction that we will be with eachother a lot tho =) That is so exciting that your partner is coming to see you, and around the same time that my boyfriend is coming. Maybe we could go on a double date in the most romantic city in the world tho? And thank God we do have eachother to lean on! Its going to come in handy for sure..I am a cry baby, just a heads up

    ReplyDelete